Join me in Italy November 10-19! We at the St. Paul Center are offering our first-ever pilgrimage that focuses on the Church Fathers. Over the course of nine days, we’ll visit holy sites in Milan, Pavia, Ravenna, Assisi, and Rome. Joining me will be Dr. Matthew Bunson, history professor and author of Encyclopedia of the Roman Empire, art historian and TV host Elizabeth Lev, and author Steve Ray. Our chaplain is Fr. Leo McKernan, a renowned spiritual director and preacher — and student of St. Augustine. We’ll visit:
– the font where St. Augustine was baptized by St. Ambrose, and the places they walked together in Milan
– the tomb of St. Ambrose
– the most lavish and stunning early Christian art, in Ravenna, home to St. Peter Chrysologus and Boethius
– the tomb of St. Augustine in Pavia and the tomb of his mother, St. Monica, in Rome
– the relics of St. Agnes, the Roman Catacombs, the resting place of Apostolic Fathers Ignatius and Clement
– sites associated with Sts. Peter and Paul and the early martyrs
– peaceful Assisi, with its Franciscan sites, as well as early-Christian remains
We’ll have Mass together every day, sometimes at the holy sites. We’ll pray the Rosary together. We’ll eat great meals — Italy’s other specialty.
Sign up soon. I think it will fill. Seating is limited.
2 Comments so far
Leave a comment
Leave a comment
Line and paragraph breaks automatic, e-mail address never displayed, HTML allowed:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>